Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kia ora

Kia ora,

As you can see my name is Shar and I hail from the home of the greatest super 14 rugby team - Canterbury. However duty calls and I currently reside in Kirikiriroa aka Hamilton. I am a Salvation Army Officer (minister/pastor) and am in my 11th year of service. I have been enrolled with Otago University for the last 8 years working my way through a BA (Maori Studies) and a BTheol (Biblical Studies). For the most part I really enjoy the study and on the days I don't, I simply remind myself of the student discount I can access :)

I am currently pastoring a church in the Western Suburbs of Hamilton (my 4th year there) and love it. I love looking for creative ways to communicate the principles of God's kingdom in such a way that people have those moments of "revelation" that change not only their view of themselves, others and God, but also brings change to how they actually live.

I am really looking forward to learning heaps from this paper and from everyone's contribution to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment